2 Minute Read
The month of October is recognized around the world as Breast Cancer Awareness month. It’s a time when health care professionals, nonprofits, organizations, and friends and family come together to raise money for education, increase awareness, campaign for breast health screenings to support early detection, and celebrate all the fearless women who are currently battling breast cancer, those who beat it, and those who sadly lost the fight.
Several of us on The Goodman team have been impacted by the devastating disease, so we couldn’t let the month go by without supporting, honoring and celebrating women. ALL women. ALL warriors. All those who Fight like a Girl.
Here’s how we proudly supported and honored October, Breast Cancer Awareness month:
- We transformed our website with a pink splash page upon entry as a reminder for women to schedule their mammograms.
- Jenna Jorge, President, wrote a touching blog post entitled “Fight Like a Girl,” highlighting her personal experience watching her mother battle breast cancer and the important lesson of leading with love.
- Goodman Speaker’s partnered with Bright Pink and donated a portion of our net proceeds for the month.
- Aggressive social awareness strategy across all of our platforms, ie Twitter, FB, LI, and Instagram.
- Distributed an eblast highlighting women leaders to our clients.
- Featured ten inspiring female leaders and speakers on our website ‘Trends’ page.
- Rounded the month out by doing Rays of Hope walk to raise money for awareness and treatment.
It was a great month filled with education, awareness, and love. As a female-led company, we were honored to partner with two amazing organizations (Rays of Hope and Bright Pink) to help others who may need it. We will always strive to inspire, support, lead with love and be compassionate.
Thanks to each of you for supporting Breast Cancer Awareness month! We leave you with a beautiful quote from Jenna.