Cheryl Cran is a future of work expert and founder of nextmapping.com. She is the author of 6 books including “The Art of Change Leadership – Driving Transformation In a Fast-Paced World” and her new book coming this year titled: NextMapping – How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Create the Future. Cheryl has been named as a #1 future of work influencer and is an international award winning consultant. Her work has been featured in Forbes, Huff Post, Metro New York, CBS, Fox News and more.
Clients include AT&T, Kaiser Permanente, Gartner, Appirio, Upwork and many more.
The Future of Leadership
Never before have workplaces had so much ambiguity, uncertainty and constant change. Workers are challenged with doing more with less, learning at the speed of disruption and working with diverse situations. There is a massive opportunity for leaders to create the future for themselves and their teams.
With the increase of digital transformation, there is a calling for leaders to be connected, empathetic and inspiring for their teams.
In this keynote leaders will learn:
- The most recent and up to date research on the future workplace and what it means for leaders today
- Statistics and sentiment analysis on worker attitudes and what workers want today and in the future from their leaders
- Leadership models on the ‘me to we’ mindset and mapping the future of the leadership journey
- Tips and strategies on how to leverage leadership mastery to increase the attraction and retention of top talent
- Inspiring ideas that can be put into immediate action to increase employee motivation and engagement
- Practical daily actions to help leaders feel energized and to help their teams to be inspired and excited to create the future of work
Cheryl Cran future of work expert and founder of NextMapping shares inspiring, uplifting and practical ideas for leaders to be future ready now!
The Future of Work Is Now – Are You Ready?
Trends, insights and research on the Future of Work
Employee engagement, creating future ready leaders, attracting and retaining top talent are all elements that are rapidly changing and impacting the way we work and how we need to change to meet the challenges of the future workplace today.
This keynote will provide researched global business insights, thought provoking, creative, leading edge ideas and strategies on how leaders can take immediate action to increase team buy in, adaptability and execution NOW as we head towards 2030.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- A look at the trends and technologies shaping the future workplace today
- Ideas for leaders and their teams to adapt their personality style and leadership style to the fast changing workplace
- “How” to successfully work with and engage the multiple generations in the workplace
- Insights into how leaders need to adapt to the ever-changing reality of worker attitudes and shifting attitudes on loyalty, job satisfaction and how work is done
- Research on the multiple intelligences needed to navigate the future of work
- Case studies and examples of progressive companies and leaders on the leading edge of creating innovative future ready workplaces
- Strategies on how to get everyone on board with the overall future vision, build excitement for the company’s direction and create commitment and buy-in to taking action today and for the future
The Best Way to Create the Future is to Map It
Map your future with creativity and agility
Many disruptions including government shifts, global disasters, mergers and acquisitions, artificial intelligence, robotics, and changing worker attitudes is causing the need for leaders to be able to map the future of work for their company and for their teams.
The type of leadership that is needed during these fast-paced times is the ability to flex in times of flux. Agility, adaptability and innovation are key attributes that will help leaders to drive the change and transformation needed to get to the future of work.
This future of work keynote provides insights into the future of work and strategies to proactively map the future as a leader. Dynamic ideas and creative approaches to help build future ready leadership that drives transformation towards the future of work.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- Insights on the impact of AI and robotics on your industry locally and globally
- A bi-modal model on how to leverage the best of what’s working now with data from future trends research
- Case studies of organizations that have successfully mapped their future by being on top of trends and future of work
- How to harness the ‘people first’ principle of future workplaces and a look at leaders who have leveraged technology to enable extraordinary value for clients and employee experience
- A ‘what needs to change’ and ‘what will never change’ checklist to help prioritize strategic actions towards future of work
- Inspiration, ideas and a ‘map’ of the future for self/teams/business that can be put into practical application right away
- NextMapping™ model and steps to create your future for self/business
Future Ready Teams - How to Create Agile, Adaptable & Innovative Teams
Agile, flexible and innovative teams are the Future of Work
This future of teams’ keynote provides dynamic insights into the future of teams and how team structure is morphing to meet the real-time disruptions and demands of fast changing world. Research shows that small teams with highly motivated and engaged individuals are able to innovate and execute very quickly. The impact on business with high performing teams is faster ideas to market, nimble solutions for client experience and ultimately competitive advantage.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- The latest research on team dynamics needed for future of work
- Statistics and data on the best future of work structure of a team, the best mix of personalities, aptitudes and more
- Strategies for team members to build a ‘me to we’ future of work attitude
- A mindset model on how to shift towards a ‘shared leadership’ team culture
- Ideas on how to cross collaborate, break down silos and innovate across the business
- How to create agile, adaptable and innovative teams
- Inspiration and plans to ‘map out’ what’s next for your teams to be future of work ready
“Cheryl was a guest expert at our annual leadership conference – she presented on change leadership and recruiting talent. At a high level we found Cheryl’s approach, rapport with the leadership team and models she presented were exactly in line with our goals for conference. The end result is that it left us with wanting to know more about the change cycle and to look more closely at how to better support our leaders to be flexible and agile with ongoing change. We look forward to working with Cheryl again.”
“At our annual staff event, Cheryl delivered an inspirational and informative keynote address on the future of work and its impact on us. She worked closely with us to customize her address to ensure it was meaningful and relevant to our staff. Cheryl’s talk was provocative and delivered with positive energy.”
“Cheryl worked with the City Clerk’s Office on our first city-wide retreat. The retreat focused on the broad topics of innovation and leadership change. We invited speakers to our retreat that were both internal and external customers to our organization. The best thing about working with Cheryl is that in addition to being warm, energetic resourceful and interactive, she knew how to pull all the elements together to make the retreat meaningful to participants. Cheryl’s expertise and effort could be seen in the pre-planning of the event and during the day-and-half long retreat. During the retreat, Cheryl was masterful in tying together and relating the different presentations into a coherent and meaningful program, as well as enticing new ideas and viewpoints from her participants.”
“We had Cheryl back for a second time to facilitate and keynote our annual 1.5 day retreat for our city employees, designated residents, business community and other city stakeholders, and it was a huge success. We had attendees say that it was even better this year than last year and it’s attributed to Cheryl’s skillful and expert facilitation, interaction with her participants and preparation. Cheryl spoke with each of the guest speakers on the agenda in advance of the event and ensured that the agenda flowed so that there would be maximum effect on the overall retreat.
Our theme was ‘NextMapping’ the future of work including innovation, technology, leadership and culture. Her keynote address throughout the retreat included the open, the close of day one and the close of day two.
Cheryl has the unique ability to bring relevant and inspiring approach that creates both innovative solutions as well as practical ways to apply the ideas shared. In her open keynote, she set the inspiring tone on the future of work including the impact of technology and how people need to adapt to the fast pace of change. Her closing keynote on day one focused on NextMapping the future of leadership and what it means in the future of work for teams and entrepreneurs. The speakers on the agenda covered smart cities, world class businesses, innovation, creative thinking, historic digital preservation, drones and more. On day 2 Cheryl recapped the entire day and a half and incorporated key items from each speaker into her closing keynote.
Each time we have worked with Cheryl we have benefitted from increased innovation, and teamwork within our city team. We see Cheryl as an integral part of our annual innovation focus and look forward to working with her many, many times in the future.”
“Cheryl was our keynote speaker at the UVA Wise Economic Forum and she presented “The Future of Work is Now – Are You Ready?” The response from our audience included comments such as:
“Fantastic and inspirational view of the future”
“Loved the blend of practicality along with a push to help us be more innovative”
“Phenomenal ideas on how we can innovate and increase real time creativity for future success”
“Excellent research and statistics on the future of work and its relevance to both education and business”
“Inspired by Cheryl Cran”
We would definitely have Cheryl back to provide more insights on the future of work, innovation and change leadership.”
“Cheryl Cran was a hit at our ISBN conference. Cheryl’s content was perfectly timed for our group of C-Level executives as it helped them organize a conference full of ideas into a concrete strategy to move their organization forward. Our group is very discerning and can be critical of speakers outside of the salon and spa industry, but Cheryl’s keynote dynamic and was right on the money.
Cheryl customized her keynote for our group, The Future of Work Is Now – Is Your Salon Ready? and her message was the perfect balance of research, relevant ideas, enlightening looks into the future as well as preparing for future disruptions.
Unlike most keynotes, Cheryl proactively offered teaser materials, including a video a blog and also offered to survey the attendees as well as conducting live polling engagement and including their feedback in her keynote. We also had Cheryl facilitate a mastermind discussion on attracting top talent and her group was standing room only. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her to others.”
“Cheryl Cran was our keynote speaker and workshop facilitator for our Calgary Stampede Leadership Summit. Her keynote: Future Ready Teams – How to Create Agile, Adaptive and Future Ready Teams was phenomenal and very engaging for our people leaders.
During the workshop, many of our people leaders text Cheryl during the keynote and were very complimentary about her thorough explanation and genuine responses. Our people leaders were excited about the content and eager to apply what they were learning to their roles. Cheryl’s time and care in preparing and ensuring she was in tune with our group was greatly appreciated including her pre survey to attendees, interactive polling during the keynote as well as the text message of questions. Cheryl modeled what it looks like to leverage technology while engaging and inspiring people to go from ‘me to we’.
Cheryl provided excellent insights into future trends affecting business and she gave some creative ideas on how we can leverage our success. Cheryl’s approach is intuitive, research based and highly interactive which was the perfect fit for our discerning group of leaders. “
“I’ve worked with Cheryl several times and each event she knocks it out of the park. She listens to what you need and what you are trying to achieve with your event, she brings a practical message with memorable visuals that inspire the audience. Evaluations of Cheryl’s presentations are always very high marks. She’s authentic, dynamic and professional. She delivers every time!”