A groundbreaking star making her mark in the late 1970’s as one of the few female stand-up comedians, Carol Leifer was also a writer of many hit shows including the long-running sketch comedy, Saturday Night Live. She wrote and co-produced the late night fictional talk show, The Larry Sanders Show (HBO, 1992-98), and 75 episodes of Seinfeld. Over the course of her career, Leifer has been nominated for an Emmy four times for her writing and won a Writers Guild Award in 2012 for her work as a writer on the hit show, Modern Family. In 2009, Leifer released When You Lie About Your Age, the Terrorists Win, a collection of humorous essays about life after 40, and most importantly, the moment she discovered that she was gay and how her life changed for the better after coming to terms with her sexuality. Her latest bestselling book, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying, is part memoir and part guidebook on getting ahead in the show-biz world and laugh out loud fun.
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying
Based on her April 2014 bestseller, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying, Carol Leifer discusses her extraordinary three-decade journey through show business, illuminating her many triumphs and some missteps along the way. In a presentation that is a perfect blend of comedy and mentorship, Leifer offers valuable lessons and shares her secrets for success with her witty and hilarious how-to guide for everyone: College graduates just breaking into the job market, women who find themselves frustrated by the “glass ceiling” and for anybody who wants a bigger and better career now. Using priceless insight, she provides audiences with tips and tricks for getting ahead, finding your way and opening locked doors.
Comedy Workshop with Carol Leifer
Have you dreamed of becoming a comedy writer, either as a hobby or a profession? Do you think your company, organization, or students could benefit from an infusion of humor in presentations and seminars? Then four-time Emmy nominee and best-selling author Carol Leifer is perfect for your group! Book her now for her critically acclaimed writer’s workshop.
You will learn:
- The basics of joke writing and personal essay writing from the woman who’s written for Billy Crystal, Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Rock, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, and Whoopi Goldberg
- What makes a funny idea for an episode of a sitcom
- The behind-the-scenes stories of triumph and tragedy from the woman who’s written for Seinfeld, Saturday Night Live, and Modern Family
- Never-before-shared secrets of breaking into the business
- The art of “pitching” your comedy ideas – in work and everyday life
- You’ll even have the chance to get up on stage and read your joke or personal essay in front of Carol Leifer for on-the-spot encouragement and direction. By bringing simple exercises to her workshops, Leifer unleashes the funny power that lies in everyone!
“Carol Leifer was a wonderfully funny guest speaker. The group seemed to enjoy her humor and stories. She spoke from her heart about the importance of women’s rights and our freedom of choice.”
“We doubled our turnout when we booked Carol Leifer! Our attendees are still talking about how funny and heartfelt her program was. On a scale of 1 to 100, she scored 1,000! We are so happy that we got her.”
“Carol was amazing! So funny, witty and timely. We had donors from 35-85 years old who got her humor and laughed for a half-hour. With the crazy world we live in, everyone wanted to laugh, enjoy and just be happy …and that’s exactly what Carol gave us. A piece of happiness and each guest left with a smile on their face.”