Alison is a speaker, media expert, journalist, and the owner of Alison May Public Relations, a firm focused on using storytelling to gain national media attention for brands across the country. Her speeches inspire audiences in all industries to share their stories about their brand and company to clients, the public, and employees. Alison has appeared in Time Magazine, Eric Bolling’s Show, Dr. Oz, and Daily Worth. She is also a contributor for Newsmax TV. Alison has interviewed high profile figures such as Steve Wozniak, Karl Rove, Donna Brazile, and Marcia Clark. Alison emphasizes the importance of using social and digital media to deliver meaningful messages. She is not afraid to tell it like it is and pushes companies to do what everyone else is not doing. Along with her willingness to be bold, her belief that confidence is key allows her to stand out among her competitors and she equips others to do the same.
THE POWER OF EFFECTIVE STORYTELLING
The public wants to see and hear stories that they can relate to. Every brand, every business owner, and every person has incredible stories to tell. What’s your story?
In this keynote, Alison teaches you how to powerfully tell a story that will connect with your audience and customers in order to gain exposure, get noticed in the media, close deals, and build a powerful brand that stands out in a noisy and ever-changing world.
BUILDING YOUR BRAND THROUGH PUBLIC RELATIONS
Would you like to be featured in the local and national news? How about quoted in a national magazine? In this keynote, Alison will show you how to position yourself as an expert in your industry and be the go-to person the media turns to. The more you are in the media, the more the public sees you as “The Expert.” Alison will give you tips on how to build your personal brand and maintain a stellar reputation through public relations.
– Learn how to write a pitch that will get the attention of national news producers and editors
– Discover how to use your expertise as a way to get in news outlets such as Entrepreneur, Forbes, Fox Business and The Today Show
– Understand how journalists work and find out exactly what they are looking for
– Learn how to speak on camera and nail your media interviews
– Find out how to keep yourself and brand in the media
THE ART OF THE PITCH
Public Relations is one of the most cost-effective ways to get your story told, but attracting the
media’s attention is difficult, but not impossible. From garnering local press coverage to getting
national recognition it’s all about your pitch. Attendees will walk away from this session armed
with the tools they need to secure local and national press coverage for their companies.
Attendees will learn:
– How to craft the perfect pitch
– The dos and dont’s of press release writing
– How to establish a relationship with journalists
– How to get utilize video as part of your pitch
– How to position your companies executives as experts in the industry
– How to maximize the most out of your press coverage
“Alison moves her audience to act by sharing cutting-edge tips and techniques in PR everyone should hear and practice. She provides great insight on how to get a business or nonprofit in the media in an enlightening and entertaining lecture.”
“Alison is a master storyteller. She captures the audience with her authentic and energetic personality. I have seen her speak several times and I always leave feeling informed and inspired to put storytelling to work.”