Mike Robbins is a motivational speaker who provides practical strategies that inspire people and teams to bring out the best in themselves and others; and generate measurable results! He is the author of three books, Focus on the Good Stuff, Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken, and his latest, Nothing Changes Until You Do. He delivers keynotes and seminars that empower people and organizations to be more successful, appreciative, and authentic. Prior to his speaking and writing career, Mike played baseball at Stanford University and then professionally with the Kansas City Royals organization. After his athletic career was cut short by injuries, he worked for two internet start-ups, before starting his consulting business in 2001. His clients include Google, Wells Fargo, eBay, Gap, Twitter, the San Francisco Giants, and many others. His unique approach and ideas empower people with the knowledge that success can be achieved no matter what the obstacles.
Focus on the Good Stuff: The Power of Appreciation
Appreciation is one of the most powerful, yet overlooked aspects of successfully motivating and empowering people and teams. According to the latest research in the fields of positive psychology and strengths-based leadership, when individuals and teams put more attention on what is working and their strengths, instead of focusing on problems and perceived weaknesses, they thrive. Through this program, which is based on the key principles of his book Focus on the Good Stuff, Mike Robbins illustrates exactly how appreciation impacts productivity, morale, and success.
- Explains the important distinction between recognition and appreciation
- Enhances teamwork and connection
- Encourages a positive team culture that focuses on the good stuff – not on gossip, complaints, or negativity
- Helps people effectively deal with adversity and stay positive in the midst of change and challenges
- Provides tools and techniques for authentic empowerment
Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken: The Power of Authenticity
Authenticity is fundamental to relationships, communication, and success. Now more than ever, people, leaders, and teams must utilize the power of authenticity in order to build trust, resolve conflicts, and create cohesion. Some fascinating research in the field of emotional intelligence is proving that being real, honest, and even vulnerable are key elements to success and engagement. Through this program, which is based on the core principles of his book, Be Yourself, Mike Robbins illustrates exactly how authenticity impacts relationships, trust, and productivity.
- Improves communication, connection, and trust in a positive way
- Enhances emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Challenges people, leaders, and teams to look at, deal with, and address the “elephants in the room”
- Helps people effectively deal with conflicts and engage in difficult conversations successfully
- Provides techniques for moving past fear and taking successful risks
The Keys to Creating a Championship Team
A “championship team” is a group of people who can effectively handle adversity and conflict, trust one another, communicate clearly and authentically, and appreciate each other in a positive way. In this program, which is based on key principles from all three of Mike Robbins’ books, as well as his background as a college and professional baseball player, he teaches people, leaders, and groups the fundamental aspects of creating successful teams that truly win.
- Teaches people how to build more authentic relationships with the teammates
- Unifies and inspires teams around their common goals and purpose
- Shows how appreciation positively impacts both morale and productivity
- Encourages people to be authentic in a way that builds trust
- Challenges team members to take ownership for both personal and team success
Communicating with Impact
Being an effective communicator is one of the most important skills one can possess, especially in today’s fast-paced, globalized world. A person who is able to engage others in meaningful dialogue, listen effectively, and have a positive impact with their communication, has an important advantage in life and business. This program teaches the fundamentals of communicating with impact. Leaders who want to inspire their teams, sales people who want to influence their clients, and anyone who has conflicts to resolve, all need effective communication skills.
Some of the core themes addressed in this program are:
- How to communicate to people with different communication styles and backgrounds
- Ways to effectively deal with conflict and engage in difficult conversations
- How to inspire and motivate action in others
- Listening skills that empower those around you
- Core elements of emotional intelligence (EQ) that allow for deeper connection and dialogue