Deirdre Van Nest is the go-to expert for financial advisors, leaders, and anyone in a client-facing role, on improving communication skills (whether one-on-one or with a group). She is a top-rated International Keynoter, and Trainer and the creator of the Crazy Good Talks® Blueprint, a practical communication system that teaches financial advisors, leaders, and sales pros how to bring in business faster and impact more lives through the power of storytelling and making emotional connections. Deirdre is a regular contributor for Horsesmouth, a faculty member at the Hoopis Performance Network, and is called upon frequently for interviews on podcasts and TV talk shows.
Deirdre is a Certified World Class Speaking™ Coach, a Certified Fearless Living Coach, a contributing author of the Amazon bestseller World Class Speaking™ in Action and author of “Fire Your Fear™”.
GROW YOUR BUSINESS WITH EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING VIDEOS™
Have you ever wondered “How do I build relationships with clients and prospects when they can’t or won’t meet with me in person?” If so, you are not alone! The answer is simple, market yourself with videos, but not just any video. Your videos MUST include five crucial elements, or you will get ZERO results.
In this program you will learn:
- Why video is an essential marketing strategy in this new reality.
- The top 5 elements your video content MUST include to get an ROI – -ignore these elements and your viewers will click the stop button seconds after you start talking.
- The TWO strategies your video must include if you want to gain new clients.
- How one advisor uses video to bring in new clients, massively leverage his time, and expand his reach.
CRAZY GOOD VIRTUAL MEETINGS™
For Advisors, Leaders, and anyone in a client-facing role who is holding Virtual Meetings for Groups
Regardless of whether you are hosting a virtual meeting for 3 or 300, there must always be structure and purpose to your event. In this webinar you will discover the #1 mindset shift you MUST make to ensure your meeting goes off without a hitch, strategies to make certain your audience does not get bored and stays on until the end, and what to do/not to do if you run into a technical problem.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE VIRTUALLY IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
For Advisors, Leaders, and anyone in a Client Facing Role
You likely know that connecting emotionally with your team, clients, and prospects is a key factor to maintaining and deepening your relationship with them. But how do you make that connection when you can no longer meet with people in person and are separated by a computer screen?
In this webinar, you will learn the answers to this question and will walk out with specific strategies you can use to ensure that your business thrives during these uncertain times and beyond.
PRESENTATION SKILLS BOOT CAMP
This program can be delivered live or virtually and can be tailored to meet the needs of any professional group.
This training will warp speed the growth each participant has as a presenter and increase their overall “Executive Presence”. In this 90 min, half-day, or full-day training participants receive hands-on coaching individually and observe each other being coached; think American Idol (without the snarkiness) and The Voice.
Skills learned in the Bootcamp can be applied to creating and delivering presentations to individuals and groups whether the presenter is speaking for 1 minute, 1 hour, or 1 day.
This training is fast-paced and fun while conducted in a “candidly kind” and supportive environment.
Here’s what one leader had to say about the Bootcamp:
Lisa and Peter both had their cell phones just about blow up with all the unsolicited rave reviews of your session. By far, one of the most engaging, informative, and worthwhile sessions I’ve ever experienced – and I wasn’t even presenting! Thank you for always bringing you’re A-game and for your unbridled passion.
THE EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING LEADER™
If you’re like most leaders you’ve likely wondered, “How do I motivate my team?” and “How do I stand out from my competition?”
To be the leader others want to follow these questions MUST be answered. Ironically many leaders are looking for answers in the wrong place. It won’t be found in new products or services but rather the answers lay within you!
What makes you a leader others want to follow and what differentiates you from your competition is YOU; the value you bring to the table and most importantly WHY you do what you do. The most effective way to share your WHY is through a specific method of business storytelling.
In this presentation, your leaders will:
- Understand that to stand out in today’s marketplace they must be emotionally engaging.
- Discover the 3 types of business stories every
leader should be telling.
- learn how successful leaders are incorporating these stories into their group and 1:1 presentations with their teams and clients.
- Experience first-hand the technique for increasing likability, connection, and trust in 4 minutes or less.
- Pick up the step-by-step formula for crafting their own stories. This is a foundational skill every leader needs in their tool kit. It enables them to overcome skepticism and to connect immediately and authentically with their listeners’ hearts. When this happens it’s like pouring lighter fluid on your conversations, recruiting, and marketing activities!
THE EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING ADVISOR™
How to Increase Trust, Likeability, & Connection in 4 Minutes or Less
If you’re like most advisors, you know your competition is fierce and the marketplace is noisy. Whether you’re talking with prospects and clients 1:1, in a group setting, or online you’ve likely wondered, “How do I differentiate myself from my competition?”. To be the advisor of choice and to avoid being seen as a commodity this question MUST be answered. Because…
It’s no longer enough to be the smartest person in the room, with the most letters after your name. Today’s consumer demands human connection and transparency. It’s time to put away the complex charts, facts, and figures. Ditch the industry jargon. And show your clients, by becoming an emotionally engaging advisor, that you (and ONLY you) can make their financial dreams a reality.
But…ironically many advisors are looking for answers in the wrong place. It won’t be found in giving more facts and figures about your products or services; the answer lies within you!
What differentiates you from your competition and makes you the obvious choice, someone others want to follow is YOU; specifically, HOW you talk about what you do and WHY you do it.
This is where “crazy good” speaking and storytelling skills come in. The good news is every advisor can gain these skills!
In this presentation you will:
- Discover why relying on technical expertise alone to win and keep business is no longer enough.
- Understand why in order to reach your full potential as an advisor you must develop Crazy Good speaking skills.
- Learn the biggest “sales killing” mistake most advisors make and how to avoid it when you speak and meet with prospects and clients.
- Learn how to connect emotionally with every prospect, client, and audience member.
- Learn the 3 types of business stories every advisor must be telling and how successful advisors are incorporating these stories into their group presentations, 1:1 meetings, and online- -with great success.
- Pick up the step-by-step formula for crafting your own “WHY” story. This is a foundational skill is a GAMECHANGER. It enables you to overcome skepticism and to connect immediately and authentically with your listeners in 4 minutes or less. When this happens it’s like pouring lighter fluid on your conversations and presentations.
- This topic can be delivered in a 60 min keynote format up to a half-day training format.
STAND OUT AND OWN THE ROOM EVERY TIME YOU SPEAK!
For Your High-Achieving Advisors, Leaders, & Sales Pros
It’s no longer enough to be the smartest or most skilled professional in the room. We are in the Communication Age. This means when speaking to groups, whether it’s for 1 minute or 1 hour, people will make judgments about your competency based on your speaking skills. So…If you’re an A+ Professional but a B- SPEAKER, you have a problem. The potential for someone to assume you’re also B- at your job is high. When this happens, you lose credibility, business, and the ability to impact more lives.
The good news is You can be both! An A+ Professional and an A+ Speaker!
In this practical and interactive talk, your group will:
- Learn why many professionals are not satisfied with the results they get from speaking, and what they can do to skyrocket sales and knock it out of the park every time they speak.
- Discover the mistake almost every presenter makes when they open a presentation. This mistake bores the audience, decreases the number of appointments they set after their talk and reduces their overall impact.
- Get the key for immediately capturing the attention of any audience. Let’s face it if you don’t know how to get peoples’ attention off their phones and on to you, your talk is toast. Master this one technique and you will know how exactly how to command the attention of any audience.
- Discover how to connect emotionally with every audience (use this for 1:1 conversations too). This strategy is like pouring lighter fluid on all your presentations and conversations.
“Deirdre was the perfect choice to kickoff our year of membership meetings for Sales and Marketing Executives of Sioux Falls! Her energy and enthusiasm could be felt throughout the room and attendees walked away with knowledge they could implement immediately. I would highly recommend Deirdre to anyone who is looking to tell their story in an engaging and impactful way!”
“Deirdre was the highest-rated speaker at GAMA International’s LAMP 2018. She turned what is typically considered a soft conceptual skill of being a powerful presenter into tangible practical strategies our members could use right away. I saw many members in the halls after her talk shooting videos applying what they just learned!”
“I’ve seen many presentations in my 60 years and Deirdre was one of the best. As good as Zig Ziglar!”
“Deirdre’s presentation was one of the best I’ve been to at Ameriprise. Super engaging and I’ve applied what I learned three times in less than 24 hours.”