In today’s highly competitive and constantly changing business world, Waldo teaches organizations how to build trusting, revenue producing relationships with their employees, partners, and customers while sharing his experience as a combat-decorated F-16 fighter pilot and sales manager. Waldo is a Hall of Fame leadership speaker and author of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, Never Fly Solo. He was also voted one of the Top Speakers in 2015 by Meetings & Conventions Magazine. Waldo has real-world sales and business experience and is an expert on creating cultures of commitment, collaboration, and trust. The key to building a culture of trust lies with your wingmen – those who help you overcome obstacles, adapt to change, and break performance barriers. He believes that by placing trust in your wingmen and by being a wingman to others, there is no mission you can’t compete.
Never Fly Solo! Lead With Courage, Build Trusting Partnerships, and Reach New Heights in Business
Flying solo? You might think so. But take a good look around. You have support staff and managers. You
have suppliers, vendors, and distributors. You have colleagues, family members and significant others.
Today in our super charged, highly competitive world of constant change, those who build trust and work
as a team will dodge the missiles of adversity and win. By first committing yourself to excellence and then by placing your trust in those around you, you can overcome obstacles, adapt to change, and break performance barriers during adverse times. By placing trust in your wingmen and by being a wingman to
others, there is no mission you can’t complete!
Lt. Col. (ret.) Rob “Waldo” Waldman – The Wingman – overcame a lifelong battle with claustrophobia and a fear of heights to become a combat decorated Air Force fighter pilot and highly successful businessman,
entrepreneur, and New York Times bestselling author. His motto is “Winners Never Fly Solo!” Through
captivating stories, group interaction, and high-energy videos, learn how you, like a fighter pilot, can succeed in highly competitive and demanding environments.
Discover how to prepare diligently for every mission; employ loyal wingmen to promote integrity and
mutual support; and lead your team with courage, compassion and conviction. Be inspired to take to the skies knowing that you have wingmen to help you face challenges and change with confidence while
maximizing your potential in all aspects of your life.
Wingman Leadership: How to Build a Culture of Courage in Business and Life
- How can you instill a climate of ownership in your organization so that every person feels like they are
accountable and responsible for its success?
- What tools can you employ to motivate the members of your organization to focus on the mission
rather than themselves?
- How can you help create an organization where change and innovation are not met with fear, but
embraced with courage and respected as a tool to beat the competition?
The key to building a high performing organization that encourages innovative thinking, loyalty to the mission, effective communication, and a relentless commitment to excellence lies with its leadership. In this
high energy, multimedia workshop, Waldo highlights the difference between managing people and leading them to be responsible, empowered and confident wingmen! What results is a more productive and
efficient organization with superior morale that can rapidly overcome challenges in a competitive
marketplace. Waldo discusses proven leadership principals based on his experience as a graduate of the Air
Force Academy, seasoned Air Force officer and combat decorated fighter pilot, and experienced
businessman. Relentless self-discipline, passion for the mission, dedicated teamwork, and a commitment to
excellence are a few key elements of this engaging and highly interactive seminar.
Audiences will learn peak performance leadership tools based on 4 key concepts:
- Shared Vision – Each and every wingman in your organization must know exactly what they are fighting for and where they are headed. Not only must they be committed to the mission, but they must also understand exactly how their unique role in the organization is essential to its success.
- Values Based Culture – Integrity, accountability, mutual respect, service, and teamwork must serve as the foundation for all relationships between employees, partners, and clients.
- Effective Communication – Leaders listen aggressively and communicate their vision with passion. They promote open communication and create an environment where mission critical feedback is appreciated and expected.
- Train to Win Mindset – Successful leaders command performance, they don’t demand it. They encourage their wingmen to expand their capabilities and consistently reward high performers who take calculated risks and ‘push the envelope’ in order to grow.