When Ty was 21 years old, he and his brother Scott started a business in direct sales, which they built to over $20 million in annual revenue while still in their twenties. As a young entrepreneur, Ty continues to engage his team’s focus to grow sales. He has developed over 500 sales managers globally with sales and leadership in 37 countries. In his talks, Ty uses the power of influence and storytelling to provide audiences with tangible techniques that will increase their influence and their impact as leaders and as salespeople. With a natural ability to engage and empower others, Ty draws on his experience in the trenches to share real and tangible techniques about the principles of leadership that continue to create his success. The founder of Leadership Inc., who has been featured as one of the Top 40 Under 40, Ty is a young fresh voice providing interactive presentations that are engaging, dynamic and inspiring. Ty’s best-selling books – The Power of Influence: Increase Your Income and Personal Impact and The Power of Storytelling: The Art of Influential Communication – are used in graduate courses at multiple universities including MIT, as today’s version of “How to Win Friends and Influence People.”
The Power of Influence
Objective: Increase your influence and engagement
Regardless of the type of company, or the role you play in it, you are in the business of people. Because of that, great leadership is the driving force behind growing your business. Based on his highly rated book, The Power of Influence, Ty shares his philosophies and tools for increasing your influence and impact as a leader.
How do you become a good leader? Through influence. How do you become a great leader? By using influence and integrity to engage and inspire others.
- What leadership is all about
- Skills for becoming “interested” not “interesting”
- How to practicethe Platinum Rule
- Specific ways to invest in your people
Ty’s humorous, insightful and interactive presentation will send attendees home as better leaders-making for better and more profitable businesses.
The Power of Storytelling
Objective: Selling or leading through storytelling
In this program, Ty teaches the art of storytelling as a key communication and sales strategy. He provides attendees with the mindset, skill set and toolset to sell effectively through storytelling.
People love stories. More importantly, stories engage emotion which prompts people to respond, take action or buy your products.
We are all in the people business. We are all communicators. We are all involved in selling products, services, ideas. Storytelling is the most influential form of communication because we’re all emotional creatures.
We’ve heard the saying: “people buy based on emotion.” The truth is people take action based on emotion. The underlying principle behind storytelling is that it’s not about you; it’s about the other person. Showing them how your story impacts them and how it pertains to their life creates an influential impact in the sales decision.
Ty’s Key Messages:
- Humanize your message: make a human connection instead of trying to sell your product
- Create the balance between credibility and relatability: buy into the idea that business is about relationships
- Engage the emotional, creative side of the brain: people buy from you because they know and trust you; let them in so they like and trust you
- Begin a conversation…not about you, about them: ask specifically you-focused questions
- Tell the story: everybody struggles with the same challenges…hook them with a struggle and you help them with a solution.
Present Like A Pro
Objective: engage, relate, influence through presenting
You know your material, you are an expert in your field and are up to date on essential information, however…..
- How do you make it your own?
- How do you get clients to engage in your presentation?
- How do you stand out among your peers?
Join keynote speaker Ty Bennett to learn The Power of Influential Presentations.
- Explain complex ideas in simple, understandable ways
- Share stories that make your presentation real and emotionally moving
- Use metaphors that make your material tangible
- Present in the way your audience wants to hear
- Tie your presentation to the motivational triggers that move your prospects to do business with you