As the founder and owner of Follow Your Heart, LLC (www.followyourheartllc.com) Stephanie is an internationally recognized speaker, workshop presenter, trainer, workplace diversity & inclusion consultant. A major voice in the LGBTQ workplace equality movement focusing specifically on transgender and gender non-conforming individuals, Stephanie casts a bright light on all of the pertinent Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) issues that companies and organizations must face to successfully transform their workplaces into a truly welcoming environment for all of their employees. Stephanie’s warm and personal style has engaged and enlightened her audiences wherever she speaks. As a recently retired Corporate Vice President at New York Life Insurance Company, Stephanie possesses over 40 years of management and leadership experience in marketing, advertising and communications within the Fortune 100 of Corporate America. She holds a BA in Communication from the University of Delaware and an MBA in Marketing from the Samuel L. Silberman College of Business at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Stephanie is also a graduate of the prestigious UCLA Anderson School of Management’s LGBT Leadership Institute.
Reflections from Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling – Finding My True Self in Corporate America
- Male privilege is a very real thing – it pervades all aspects of society, especially in the workplace, but what happens when you do not have it anymore?
- Stephanie was the first transgender person and appointive officer to come out – on the job – in the 160+-year history of New York Life – and in so doing had that happen to her
- Suddenly the glass ceiling is a very real thing. Is it because I am transgender? Or is because I am a woman in the workplace?
- The Good News is that she was accepted as a woman in the workplace, and the Bad News is she was accepted as woman in the workplace
- Stephanie’s unique and very personal experience provides a powerful trailblazing story of inspiration, self-discovery and perseverance
- Uniquely relevant in the #MeToo age
You Can’t Rest on Your D&I Laurels - Moving From “Policy to Practice”
- There are many companies that already feel they have “punched their ticket” with respect creating a workplace that is welcoming to LGBTQ+ individuals of all stripes – in particular the transgender community.
- But as Stephanie uniquely points out, this work is far from over, in fact it is ongoing.
- Stephanie takes you on a journey on how to move your enterprise’s inclusion efforts from policy creation to literally imbuing your company’s culture with the principles it needs to embody this inclusion – each and every day, with each and every employee and with each and every interaction
The (R)Evolution of the Transgender Workplace Equality Conversation
- This information – packed talk informs your audience about all the necessary information and key issues that face the transgender community – inside and outside of the workplace
- Stephanie, through her own unique brand of personal storytelling, leads your audience through each of these areas with a sincerity and passion that can only be delivered by someone who has navigated the journey of discovery to her truest self.
“From all of us – for your brilliant words and thoughts . . . And heart.”
“I have had the pleasure of working with Stephanie on an enrichment event at our company and got to know her further at the following Out & Equal Workplace Summit. I’ve found her honesty and heartfelt way she tells her story to be very meaningful to me. She played a large role in introducing me t – and our entire company – to transgender issues and what I believe is the next frontier in creating diverse and accepting workplaces. I now proudly count myself among the allies for the transgender community.”
“I would like to extend a most sincere thank you for your inspiration, and for joining our company’s’ diversity efforts in support of the LGBTQ community. I have received several messages from executives who were present and had great feedback to share!”
“It is with great pride that Deena and I announce the formal launch of the Trans Toolkit project that you so generously collaborated on with us this past Spring. We truly would not have been able to do this project without each and every one of your thoughtful contributions. We thank you for your time, your passion and your contribution to this project.”